Friday, January 25, 2019

The Writer's Block

www.tauheedahmichelle.michelebarard.com
I have been writing books and poetry since I was a child in elementary school. I've even had stories and poems published in books the Atlanta Public Schools used to publish of student's writings. In fourth grade I wrote and put together my very first book, "Smart Frog and Lazy Toad". I wrote the words, drew the pictures, and constructed the book with my own two hands.

In my adulthood I have written several poems. My poem, "Designated Driver" was featured in Nia Magazine last year. I'm planning to do more writing for Nia, and add to them Light Journal and Midnight & Indigo Magazine. Sometimes I get wrapped up in things or people, and I don't write as much as I should. Other times I'm left without a muse or inspiration for writing. My biggest muse and inspiration is my friend/soulmate who has been incarcerated for almost 15 years. He has encouraged me to write and publish. He has also been my inspiration for some of my poems. In my first book, "Tales from My Life, not the Crypt" I dedicated the poem "Dedicated to Hot Chocolate" to him.

Sometimes I get writer's block and just don't have the words to write. I write poetry as the words come to me. When I'm writing a story or self help book, I have to make myself sit down and write. I lay out my points and outline, then proceed from there. It's much easier to write when someone or something is motivating me. I tell interviewers that I really don't have a writing style, I just write what I feel. Writing from experience with heartfelt emotion works best for me!

Peace and Blessings
Remember to purchase my books and promotional products from either of my websites or Amazon. Subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow my Amazon Author Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment