Thursday, December 13, 2018

Writing Prompts:To Use, or Not To Use? That Is The Question...

Many authors and writing coaches recommend using prompts when writing. When I participated in Tara-Nicholle Nelson's 10 Day Writing Challenge she emailed writing prompts for each day. The goal of the challenge was to write "something" everyday of the challenge. The prompts really came in handy for the challenge. I don't normally use prompts when I write poems, or my books. I usually just write off the cuff; I write what I feel at the moment. As a poet I have to have a muse and inspiration to write. Sometimes words come to me in the middle of the night, while driving, or at anytime. When I sit down to write a book and tell a story I have to plan what I'm going to write; here is where writing prompts may work for me.

All of my writings come from my life experiences. I write about what I know and what I've gone through. Writing prompts are especially helpful for beginning writers, or for those who just don't know where to start when writing about a particular subject. During the 10 Day Writing Challenge I was able to open up and let the words flow after being given a prompt to get me started. If you're a beginning writer, or a veteran in the writing game you can still benefit from using writing prompts. If you journal everyday writing prompts are also beneficial.

Use writing prompts where they are most needed. Happy Writing Kings and Queens!

www.tauheedahmichelle.michelebarard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment